[Isis-users] Emergency moderation active in the list

Kali kali at kalimotxo.net
Tue Dec 7 11:44:57 CET 2010

(Una copia de este correo en Español ha sido enviada con anterioridad)

      Hi everyone,

      As an emergency measure against the flood of emails from people
asking for subscription or unsubscription from the list, we have
temporarily activated the list moderation, to avoid these emails to get
to everybody's inboxes.

      As system administrator of the server where the mailing list
service is installed I ask for your forgiveness for the inconveniences
caused due to this kind of mails. From now on and until everybody is
aware of how this new service works, we will keep the list moderated in
order to minimize the effects of this flood.

      As a reminder, and even though it has been told before in several
emails, we have moved the old listserv system at surfnet.nl towards this
new service based on mailman at iccisis.org.

       This means that everybody already subscribed to the old list does
not need to perform any extra action. Your emails sent demanding
subscription to the list only will flood our fellow co-lister mailboxes.

      If anybody does want to unsubscribe from the list, there are
several methods to do so, and I will send another email detailing those
processes as well as the basic usage of the Mailman system.

      Once again I want to apologize for the email abuse occurred
because of the general turmoil. But at the same time I would like to ask
everyone for a little help from you (which is the reason of this list to
exist), not only by means of not sending out unnecessary emails, but
also of not sending out flaming emails with no useful purpose. We all
have email software able to create filters to store this list's emails
in a separated folder.

      Together we can improve the system.

      Many thanks for your help. Regards,

-Adolfo Hernández (Jr)-