[Isis-users] J-Isis

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Tue Dec 14 15:01:28 CET 2010

The WinISIS PFT function TEXTBOXCHILDLOAD was a typical Windows way of putting output into a separate (smaller) window (which was a 'child' to the main record window, so it would be closed when the main record window was closed).
As such it had nothing to do with one or more databases, just the way how output is displayed. E.g. an abstract of a bibliographic record could be displayed in a separate window, whether it is in the same record or retrieved from another database with the REF->(L->()) function.

In J-ISIS I suppose it would have to be a separate XHTML-output window. Could be nice but maybe not a priority as it is only a graphical display feature, not a functional one. The J-ISIS windows should then also be 'unlocked' to make them floating - a feature very few users probably know is already there.