[Isis-users] J-ISIS - Conf file and exporting

Leandro Vicente leandro_biblioteca at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:38:48 CET 2010

Hi Jean Claude and list members

As you've asked, I'm trying to give some feed back about J-ISIS usage, so there is two issues on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) I'd like to point.

. The variable DEF_HOME in ../jisis_suite/conf/dbhome.conf works fine on Windows with the default parameter, but not on Linux. We have to edit such parameter with the complete physical path.

. The Database > Export Database option gives, in the second step (parameters), an output directory as default (../jisis_suite/work). When we type the name of the ISO (e.g. cds.iso), J-ISIS saves the file in ../jisis_suite/work\cds.iso. Of course, Linux don't handle inverted slashes as folder paths (it is ok to Windows, obviously), so the application saves a file named "work\cds.iso" in ../jisis_suite/, and we have to edit the name manually as well as copying it to the folder ../jisis_suite/work/. Not big deal, but it may cause some confusion to those who are trying J-ISIS out as the first contact to ISIS family applications.

If those points are already known by you, sorry, please skip that message.
Thanks,

Leandro
São Vicente - Brazil