[Isis-users] J-ISIS - Conf file and exporting

Leandro Vicente leandro_biblioteca at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:55:32 CET 2010

Hey Jean-Claude

I use 32-bit Linux (not virtual) and so far as I could try, Data Viewer is working fine, including mfn mark feature.

Leandro
São Vicente, Brazil

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:56:12 +0100
Subject: Re: [Isis-users] J-ISIS - Conf file and exporting
From: jc.dauphin at gmail.com
To: leandro_biblioteca at hotmail.com
CC: isis-users at iccisis.org

Hello Leandro,

Thanks a lot Leandro for this feedback in using J-ISIS on Linux. This is exactly the kind of feedback
that I need.
I would be interested to know if you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit Linux and if the Data Viewer is working.

 I think that under Linux, the variable DEF_HOME should be changed to:

DEF_HOME=../home_example_db
(dotdot insteed of a single dot)

You are right, the backslash is Windows specific, I changed the code to use the system path separator.

Thanks again for taking the time to try J-ISIS on Linux.

With my best wishes,

Jean-Claude

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Leandro Vicente <leandro_biblioteca at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jean Claude and list members

As you've asked, I'm trying to give some feed back about J-ISIS usage, so there is two issues on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) I'd like to point.

. The variable DEF_HOME in ../jisis_suite/conf/dbhome.conf works fine on Windows with the default parameter, but not on Linux. We have to edit such parameter with the complete physical path.

. The Database > Export Database option gives, in the second step (parameters), an output directory as default (../jisis_suite/work). When we type the name of the ISO (e.g. cds.iso), J-ISIS saves the file in ../jisis_suite/work\cds.iso. Of course, Linux don't handle inverted slashes as folder paths (it is ok to Windows, obviously), so the application saves a file named "work\cds.iso" in ../jisis_suite/, and we have to edit the name manually as well as copying it to the folder ../jisis_suite/work/. Not big deal, but it may cause some confusion to those who are trying J-ISIS out as the first contact to ISIS family applications.

If those points are already known by you, sorry, please skip that message.
Thanks,

Leandro
São Vicente - Brazil

isis-users at iccisis.org