[Isis-users] add to loan objects in ABCD

Piet De Keyser piet.de.keyser at khleuven.be
Mon Feb 21 09:49:10 CET 2011

Hi all,

I am afraid the "add to loan objects" in ABCD is still somewhat
confusing. Most questions I have got from our friends in African
libraries are about this procedure. It is easy to add copies, but
unclear what should happen after that. Pressing "Add to loan objects"
may result in: "No records found in the copies database to be added to
the loanobjects database", without any instruction  about what should
be done now to get things work. The "Update" button in that screen
doesn't do anything. If you have added a copy, the display format shows
e.g. "Mfn: 5". When you click on that 5 you will get a display of the
copy data and if you then click "close" you will be sent back to the
main login screen. All this is rather confusing. The result often is
that no loan objects are added, which is a problem for the circulation
desk of course.

Piet de Keyser