[Isis-users] J-ISIS functionalities

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:27:26 CET 2011

Dear Roberto,

Thank you very much for taking the time to try J-ISIS.

I would be very pleased to implement in J-ISIS the missing features that you
feel as a user would be
very useful. But I would need your help to clearly define the use cases,
i.e. to describe the GUI that
J-ISIS should offer and the output that should be produced.

I am not sure, but I think that the "PrintSort" module offers some of the
features that you are requesting.
I have in mind the implementation of a feature for producing documents from
the records, i.e. with front
page, header, footer, margins, page numbers, single and multi-columns, etc.
With the possibility to
format documents in pdf, rtf, html or xml formats. In fact, the Groovy
example in the J-ISIS Quick tutorial
produce such a document.

To answer yr question about Web-JISIS, Web-JISIS is a 3-tier Web application
that uses the J-ISIS Database server.
Some coding is needed to develop the Web client using XHTML, CSS, AJAX and
JavaScript, and the middle
tier using Struts 2 MVC application framework that transfers the client
request to the J-ISIS database server and
send back the response to the Web client.
I made some progress on Web-JISIS:
 ** implemention of session management (user has to login again if no
activity after 30 minutes)
 ** implementation of the change of pft for record browsing and search

I am also working on providing a web administrator application that would
provide features as those that you
may find in CMS, i.e. setting the Web-JISIS front page with xhtml, css and
images, setting the menus, etc. and
of course user management, i.e. assigning user id and password, user info
and roles, which databases he can
modify, etc.

Thanks again for your time,

With my best wishes for this new year 2011,

Jean-Claude

--
Jean-Claude Dauphin

jc.dauphin at gmail.com