[Isis-users] Winisis and Windows 7

Anusha Yapa anusha_yapa at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 13:27:19 CET 2011

Hi Franz Jurek,
Current version of WinISIS is developed to support 32 bit environment. But after windows XP Microsoft developed Operating System (OS) with 64 bit environment and they released same OS in 32 bit as well. Hence there is a 64 bit Vista version also.
If you tried to run WinISIS on 64 bit OS you will be getting an incompatibility error message. The present solution this will be reinstalling your OS with 32bit environment.
A 64-bit operating system contains additional memory address slots, making it more versatile when handling large amounts of RAM. But moving to 32 bit will be an insignificant movement if you are not using very large memory consuming work.
You can check the current architecture from System Properties (right click on My Computer -> Properties)
If you need further assistant please contact me.

Thanks & Regards
Anusha Yapa
PURNA Information Services