[Isis-users] Short intensive ABCD training in Suriname

National Zoological Collection Suriname Library nzcs_libr at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 17:43:40 CEST 2011

Dear all,

As ABCD is the favorite and comprehensive library database program for today, I
like to share a first acquaintance with ABCD in Suriname. Most libraries here are
using WINISIS, so ABCD is a new program for Suriname. An intensive two day-training
on 5 and 6 May 2011 about the essentials and possibilities of ABCD with all its
modules was held at the Anton de Kom University of Suriname in Paramaribo by
Prof. Egbert de Smet and Peter Hessels. About 25 participants from different
libraries in Suriname became enthusiastic to change their current library
programs to ABCD. Flemish and Dutch provided some cheerful notes during the
presentations and exercises. With fully loaded heads and with a CD with ABCD program,
manuals and even an instruction film on it, we returned to our work places to make
efforts to shoot it into our computers, and to learn more how to put it into practice. So, hopefully Suriname librarians will
go with the ABCD flow!

With kind regards,

Mia
Quik-Stregels

Head
Library of the National Zoological Collection of Suriname

National Zoological Collection of Suriname (NZCS)
Anton de Kom University of Suriname
University complex, Leysweg
POBox 9212
Paramaribo