[Isis-users] (no subject)

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at khleuven.be
Mon Sep 5 16:46:40 CEST 2011

Dear colleague,

You can buy low price barcode programs that come with some brands of barcode labels, e.g. for Avery labels (price aproximately 30USD).  This kind of software makes it easy to print barcodes on the labels of the same brand. You can also buy a relatively small and cheap barcode printer (e.g. Toshiba  for aproximately 400 USD). Do not buy printers that print using heat on thermic paper without ribbon: they will fade in the sunlight (e.g.  Dymo Labelwriter:  not suitable for library barcodes, but certainly for other applications).  I myself use a Toshiba barcode printer which can generate any number of consecutive barcodes printed on a rol and allows to add a few lines above the barcode, with the address of the library, and the number underneath  it (in order use thiso you should find a reliable supplier of appropriate carbon ribbons and labels in your country). If you still want to use Excel or Word you can download fonts from various web sites (e.g. http://www.adams1.com/fonts.html - I have NOT tested the software and fonts they offer).

Piet de Keyser
Belgium