[Isis-users] MX and proc

Hessels, Peter P.Hessels at kit.nl
Fri Aug 17 16:14:16 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I need your help in processing a database, using the mx tool.

I have imported a file from a database (120.000 records) and all went well. There are two problems left:

1)    The control number from the original systems in mixed up: it contains the control number from the imported system. That is OK. But if the records has been copied from Worldcat, also the Worldcat control number is in the same field. A normal control number would be "12345", if the origin is Worldcat, the controlnumber would be like "12345ocn101112". I want to copy the part "ocn101112" to another field. How could I do that?
I tried the Gsplit (mx dbase proc='Gsplit=1=o' create=newdb now -all) but apparently the Gsplit does not work with the letter o.

2)    From this imported file I created another database (loanobjects). From this database I want to delete records that do not have a specific value in field 959^o. The logic would be like:
if (field 959^o is not one of (BON,BO,LES,ATL)) then (delete this record).
How could I accomplish this?

Any suggestions? I would be very grateful :)

Kind regards,

Peter