[Isis-users] MX problem in Linux

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Wed Jul 11 14:33:49 CEST 2012

Solomon,

indeed mx has nothing to do with Apache, the web-interface (which is what ABCD is in fact) uses mostly wxis.exe (the www-version of mx). So if no records are shown or mx is not running, it looks like indeed the proper access rights have not been set. In order to do this correctly you have to start from the highest level, e.g. setting +x (executable) for a directory which doesn't have this rights, won't  change it.
The easiest way is, from the parent directory of ABCD :
sudo chmod -R 775 ABCD
sudo chmod -R 777 ABCD/bases.

But I suppose you already tried that ? Please check then again carefully.

Egbert de Smet
IOIW / U&S