[Isis-users] Problemas al subir un archivo a base Cepal

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Mon Mar 5 16:58:52 CET 2012

Cristina,

you probably mean with 'upload' to incorporate the document-text itself in the ABCD-database with full-text searching capability ?
Then you are referring to the 'digital library' feature for ABCD we are working on, actually only in Windows.
If somehow larger files can be sent to you (by e-mail or otherwise), I could send you the test-version. If you only plan to test with PDF, the whole set is about 2,5Mb. A separately-to-be-downloaded tool from Java otherwise (Tika) in itself is over 22Mb, but is not strictly needed for PDF-testing.
Basically it works well with documents of which the text-contents (after extraction) is less than 1Mb., which goes for most documents except the really very large ones. This is due to the max. record-size of 1Mb in the 'extended' version of (C)ISIS (FFI).
It is not a 'two-clicks-with-your-mouse' implementation however but instructions are available (in English). Also indexing of the database needs to be done from the command-line for the time being; it is not 'incremental' and automatic, but fast.