[Isis-users] GENISIS - BROWSE FEATURE

Chockalingam Sugumaran c_sugumaran at rediffmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:38:35 CET 2012

Thankyou Mr. Rajasekharan,

I will try your suggestion in my database.

Ofcourse, Librarians are very much greed in attaining their goal

Now I am having one more idea by extending your suggestion.
If I am having another extrafield with valaue of 1000-1999 in all the records of mfn from 1000 to 1999, I can use the search as "all" and "1000-1999" .  So the user will browse from mfn 1000 to 1999.

By this logic one can attain from a particular mfn to particular mfn, according to their user study.

Thank you
C. Sugumaran

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:07:56 +0530  wrote

Dear Shri Sugumaran,

What I did for browsing the entire collection was that I put a word “all”
as an indexing term. When the collection being searched with the word “all”, the
entire documents will be displayed in the order of mfn.

Regards,