[Isis-users] ABCD v.2.0 - 2nd announcement

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Sun Mar 11 21:11:40 CET 2012

*Se envía versión en español de este mensaje por separado*
Dear colleagues

As you are aware, we have begun preparatory work for version 2 of ABCD,
planned release in late August.
During the past week, we registered a group of professionals that make
up the core of our task force. They will take the lead in different
areas of work in the coming months.
We did a brainstorm exercise on the task force and as a result we have
drafted a preliminary document with improvements and innovations that
will lead us to version 2 of ABCD.
This document will be published in the coming days on this list and then
you can all bear opinions freely and open-minded and enrich the primary
plan. If you see a need is not adequately dealt, then will be the time
to help.
The first goal is to have by the end of March an organized plan of work,
and then start working.

People who are currently part of the task force are the following.

  * Egbert de Smet, Belgium
  * Guilda Ascencio, Venezuela
  * Ernesto Spinak, Uruguay
  * Mauricio Brito, Ecuador
  * Edwin Hübner, Brazil
  * Alisson de Castro, Brazil
  * Alberto Alejandro Rosenberg, Argentina
  * Eustache Megnigbeto, Benin
  * Luis Ramiez Caldas, Perú
  * Juan Urzúa, Chile
  * Andrew Buxton, United Kingdom
  * Carlos Kretschmer, Chile
  * Renate Morgenstern, Namibia
  * Zuleima Guedez, Venezuela
  * Abel R. Monteiro, Cape Verde

The list is not closed, just the opposite. We are currently inviting new
colleagues for the following tasks, they can spend a few hours each week.
  1) programming with PHP, for small applications in Central ABCD.
  2) programming in Java, for Empweb
  3) write scripts with Groovy
For tasks of (1) register with Ernesto Spinak, for tasks (2) and (3)
with Egbert de Smet

In April, we'll ask for volunteers to do tests on Linux and Windows
environment and in May we'll need volunteers for translation of
messages, online helps and editing the manual.

Be alert, we will send news each week
  regards