[Isis-users] Question about getting ABCD Exec to run

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Sun May 13 16:43:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

sorry but can you try to be a bit more specific ?
Which version did you download ? Are you using Windows or Linux ?
Did  you follow the instructions in the manual (ABC of ABCD), i.e. extracting the archive in the ROOT (e.g C:\) of the harddisk, NOT into a folder with the same name as the archive, which is Windows' default when extracting a ZIP ?
If you type as the URL only 'http://localhost', do you get a message 'it works' from Apache ? Have you installed other applications with Apache, e.g. EasyPHP, WAMP...?
In my large experience of installing ABCD on hundreds of PC's with Windows, in 95% it worked after 10 minutes or less without anything special : just extracting the archive and there you go...