[Isis-users] Report of the 1st presentation of tody in CISIS & ABCD - English version

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Tue May 22 22:37:27 CEST 2012

*La versión en español fue distribuida en otro mensaje*

On behalf of this workshop we have planned, together with Bireme, to
broadcast 4 online presentation in real time about some advanced
technologies which are being incorporated into the ISIS family. See
below the program of the presentations.

The first three presentations are technical, therefore experts with this
profile were invited to register on beforehand and they were sent
instructions with the URL for the connection. Until last Sunday 54
institutions registered from 22 countries, on top of BIREME and VLIR.

For the presentation of today, regarding */ISIS-OAI-Provider/**/, /*we
had about 37 institutions connected with more than 50 participants.

*/ISIS-OAI-Provider/* is an application allowing ISIS databases to be
registered and collected for the "harvesters" of the OAI protocol. The
applicaiton is programmed in PHP, and runs on any platform and server.
Bireme will promote installation of this function in the whole network
of health libraries participating in the VHL, and shares the application
with ABCD installations to allow publishing their own databases in the
international OAI systems.

The applications is already operational in a test version, while
documentation in English and Spanish is being prepared. The installation
package comes with pre-defined formats for LILACS but can be customized
to MARC or CEPAL formats. Bireme invites to donwload the installation
package, experience and communicate any commentary or problem.

See the project at : https://github.com/bireme/isis-oai-provider

Send comments to :reddes.bvs-tech at listas.bireme.br
<mailto:reddes.bvs-tech at listas.bireme.br>

isis-users at iccisis.org <mailto:isis-users at iccisis.org>

You can see the PDF file and the video of today in this page:

http://reddes.bvsalud.org/projects/isis-oai-provider

In view of the success of this presentation, e.g. no connection problems
were experienced, we will arrange an invitation to connect for the
Friday presentation, open to anybody interested to participate. This
presentation will be in English and Spanish. Tomorrow we will give the
instructions and URL for the connection.

Regards,

Ernesto Spinak & Egbert de Smet

*PROGRAM*

Presentations will last 60 minutes, starting at 11:am in Sao Paulo, since BIREME will provide the videoconferencing server.

BIREME has reserved 90 minutes broadcasting by this channel, in case there are some delays, but in principle we will be punctual.

In order to know which is the time in your country based on Brazil's 11:00 am, check on this map to see the time difference in hours in between Sao Paulo and your place.

http://24timezones.com/reloj_hora_exacta.php

*Day*

*title*

*presenter*

*language*

Tuesday

*/ISIS-OAI-Provider/*

Availing ISIS databases with the OAI-PMH protocol

Renato Mursaki

Vinicius Andrade

Spanish

Wednesday

*/J-ISIS & Digital Libraries/*

Advances and new feautures of J-ISIS

Jean-Claude Dauphine

Egbert de Smet

English

Thursday

*/iAHx/*/:/An interface for searching and retrieval using SOLR/Lucene

Renato Mursaki

Vinicius Andrade

Spanish

Friday