[Isis-users] Report on the 3rd conference about iAHx in workshop ISIS & ABCD

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Thu May 24 22:52:43 CEST 2012

Dear colleagues

*_Report on the 3rd online presentation from the Antwerp workshop_*

As you all know already, during this week we are working in a closed
workshop to prepare the next release of ABCD, organized by Egbert de
Smet and sponsored by his project DOCBIBLAS of VLIR.

On behalf of this workshop we have planned, together with Bireme, to
broadcast four online presentations in real time about some advanced
technologies which are being incorporated into the ISIS family. See
below the program of the presentations.

*Tomorrow Friday we will have the last videoconference in the series,
which will be about the updates on ABCD. For this open presentation you
can connect to this URL:
**https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=1110&password=M.01E9FBF9B44426B3DA83CF756B7C23*
<https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=1110&password=M.01E9FBF9B44426B3DA83CF756B7C23>
**

For today's presentation, entitled :*/_iAHx_/*/_: A search and retrieval
interface with Apache Solr/Lucene,_/ up to 53 institutional connections
were noted with participation of more tan 70 people during 1h:15'.

_The main topics covered were :_

-Lucene, a library of programs for full-text searching written in Java
specifically for text-indexing.

-Solr is a web-layer for text-retrieval linked with Lucene, offering
faceted and ranked retrieval, based on XML-schemas.

-Both projects Lucene/Solr are part of the Apache Foundation and are
written in Java in order to be OS independent.

-The process for indexing the documents requires 4 steps, which are
already prepared byBireme, i.e. : /index.sh, commit.sh, optimize.sh,
deletedocs.sh./

-Documents coming from an OAI-PMH (presented last Tuesday) can be
indexed, along with documents produced by ISIS databases (with PFT).

-Using the configuratoin filen /solrconfig.xml, also provided by/
BIREME, the process creates the document file indexed by Lucene/Solr.

-The interface iAHx is written in PHP and allows showing the results of
searches in the traditional way but with added concept-based groups
(clusters).

-In order for iAHx to communicate with the indexes of Lucene/Solr, three
modules provided by Bireme have to be installed, i.e. /iahx-server,
iahx-controller, iahx-opac/. The server needs to have Tomcat installed
for java servlets but also can work with Apache/PHP version.

-The installation can be done in Windows, only the .sh scripts of Linux
have to be converted to Windows .bat scripts.

-At this momento, the documentation is in Portugese, but it will be
translated into other languages before the end of the year.

Sources of this application can be found at :
http://reddes.bvsalud.org/projects/iahx/

To download the PDF:

http://reddes.bvsalud.org/projects/iahx/raw-attachment/wiki/Presentations/iAHx-elluminate-antwerp-abcd-20120524.pdf

To see the video capture of this video-conference :

https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/playback.jnlp?psid=2012-05-24.0600.M.9C7C0C8797B92C9FF9AEB7AC0D8BB9.vcr&sid=1110
<https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/playback.jnlp?psid=2012-05-24.0600.M.9C7C0C8797B92C9FF9AEB7AC0D8BB9.vcr&sid=1110>

Regards,

Ernesto Spinak & Egbert de Smet

*PROGRAM*

Presentations will last 60 minutes, starting at 11:am in Sao Paulo, since BIREME will provide the videoconferencing server.

BIREME has reserved 90 minutes broadcasting by this channel, in case there are some delays, but in principle we will be punctual.

In order to know which is the time in your country based on Brazil's 11:00 am, check on this map to see the time difference in hours in between Sao Paulo and your place.

http://24timezones.com/reloj_hora_exacta.php

*Day*

*title*

*presenter*

*language*

Tuesday

*/ISIS-OAI-Provider/*

Availing ISIS databases with the OAI-PMH protocol

Renato Mursaki

Vinicius Andrade

Spanish

Wednesday

*/J-ISIS & Digital Libraries/*

Advances and new feautures of J-ISIS

Jean-Claude Dauphine

Egbert de Smet

English

Thursday

*/iAHx/*/:/An interface for searching and retrieval using SOLR/Lucene

Renato Mursaki

Vinicius Andrade

Spanish

*Friday***