[Isis-users] about ABCD data entry

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Tue May 29 08:49:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

as you might know in Linux you have to take care of your access rights to files. E.g. a database can be shown with its records, but when opening a record in a worksheet for editing it could be empty, simply because you don't have 'write' access to that database.
Make sure you have put all database-folders with access rights '777' (=all rights to everybody).
A command to do this is :
sudo chmod -R 777 bases
from within the www-folder (where the bases folder is a subfolder).

Another possible cause of this type of problems is that ABCD cannot read - for some reason - the profile you have entered with, which assigns also user rights but specifically within ABCD for specific tasks, e.g. editing, opening the database utilities etc. If you managed to log in, it means your ABCD can read the acces-database indeed, but maybe there is a problem with your profiles folder (in the bases/par folder) ?

Egbert de Smet
IOIW / U&S