[Isis-users] Problem with search

National Zoological Collection Suriname Library nzcs_libr at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:39:03 CET 2012

Dear Edwin,

There is a problem yes.
For instance:
in Winisis, a record with title:

Culicoides (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) na Amazônia Brasileira
1. Coletas na Usina Hidreletrica (UHE) de Balbina, Usina Hidrelétrica (UHE)
Cachoeira Porteira e Cachoeira dos Espelhos (Rio Xingú)

 Title after import in ABCD:

Culicoides (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) na Amaz“nia Brasileira
1. Coletas na Usina Hidreletrica (UHE) de Balbina, Usina Hidrel‚trica (UHE)
Cachoeira Porteira e Cachoeira dos Espelhos (Rio Xing£).

So, a character ô like in Amazônia does not show up right, it gives: Amaz“nia. In Winisis we entered the text for most of the records as nicely as possible with the right characters, accents etc. And indeed, the records do not show that after import in ABCD. However titles in index looks rather normal, although without accents. In Title Index you see this:
CULICOIDES (DIPTERA: CERATOPOGONIDAE) NA AMAZONIA BRASILE

The import command I did was (filename for iso file is 5300.iso):

mx iso=c:\\winisis\work\5300.iso create=c:\\abcd\www\bases\nztst\data\nztst
now -all

What should I do?

With kind regards,
Mia