[Isis-users] Logically deleted records

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Wed Sep 19 21:23:19 CEST 2012

Dear Bridgette

There are two ways to do this,
the easiest one is to use the application Swiss Knife (SWK)
you can download the package from Unesco
http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=17110&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

there you open SWK, load the database, to go the tab Miscellaneous and
ask the procedure  "Deleted"
then you will get a fast list with MFNs

The other way, to work with complex and very large databases is to use
MX   ( again??   yes!!!)

Hi everybody!!!!
I'll give you a hint and we'll leave 24 hours to see if a colleague
eager to take risks get the complete solution
The winners will get from us the warmest congratulations

Exercise:   let's take CDS database and we'll prepare it deleting every
tenth record

mx cds copy=cds  proc='d.'  loop=10 now -all tell=10,

now the hint

mx cds  -all  +leader  now   > deleted.txt

Regards and enjoy the challenge

Ernesto Spinak