[Isis-users] (no subject)

bhowa tg bhowatg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 16:08:09 CEST 2013

Colleagues'

i trust i find you well, please clarify (my first steps appreciating linux)
if the below is correct abcd linux config on centos;

1. DO I NEED TO INSTAL LINUX VERSION 1.0.TAR INCLUDING ALL THE PATCHES
BEFORE CONFIGURING???

do i take it as it is or i need to modify please send a working example.

2. Configure your Webserver according to the folder structure created above.
Use the VirtualHost settings for your configuration.

Example of VirtualHost for Apache webserver :

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin serveradmin at bvs.br
DocumentRoot "/home/ABCD/htdocs"
<Directory "/home/ABCD/htdocs">
</Directory>
ServerName abcd.test
DirectoryIndex index.htm index.php homepage.htm
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/ABCD/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/ABCD/cgi-bin/">
AllowOverride None
Options None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

MY PROBLEM SHOULD I USE THE IP ADDRESS AND PORT  I.E. <VirtualHost *> IS
THE SAME AS <VirtualHost 198.168.11.254:8080*>

WHAT IS THE DEFAULT PORT IN LINUX 80 OR 90.

3.1 Modify the ABCD-Site configuration file
htdocs/site/bvs-site-conf.php

The path of the SITE_PATH and DATABASE_PATH should contain the path to
where the package was extracted. The SERVERNAME should indicate to the URL
configured in the Web Server.

SITE_PATH=/ABCD/www/htdocs/site/
DATABASE_PATH=/ABCD/www/bases/site/
SERVERNAME=localhost

IS IT NECESSARY TO ADD HOME BEFORE /ABCD/www/htdocs i.e.
SITE_PATH=HOME/ABCD/www/htdocs/site/

thanking you in advance.
good day

tg
--

bhowa tg
Infoprenuer, abcdZim.org

"there are two equally dangerous extremes-
to shut reason out and to let nothing else in"
                                     Pascal, 1670