[Isis-users] Re : ABCD e Suíte Saber

Nicolas Rucks nrucks at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 15:21:12 CET 2013

[English translation for Roger, by Nicolas Rucks]
Hi there!
I have seen other people also realized that BIREME took the original ABCD download links off the air.

We made a backup in our SVN for the Linux versions. For those interested, this is the link:
http://code.google.com/p/suitesaber/downloads/list

Another thing I would like to talk about: the modification of ABCD or Fork created by the "Control" firm . This last 2 years, we gave up the original ABCD and started to work on something we called "Suíte Saber".

We changed a quite a few things, but it's still far from desirable. Our project is an open one, you can find the code here:
http://code.google.com/p/suitesaber/.

Our biggest limitations: we lack support for any language other than Portuguese, we only developed for Linux and we cannot get to organize the documentation of our actions.

We have an online demo version at this address:
http://demo.suitesaber.org

You have to log in clicking on the lock that you can find in the upper right corner.

Login: saber
password ("Senha"): adm

Some of our adaptations:
- Authorities database created;
- BVS Site update;
- Functional Lending Module (without reservation);
- Call numbers (spine label) printed with barcode;
- Lending reports;
- Dublin Core;
- iAH shows results in a table;

Well, please fell free to test it and if you wish to cooperate, we are open to your suggestions.

Cheers!

PS:The PFTs that we developed are only in Portuguese, so in order to have a good display, keep the Portuguese language option.

--
Roger C. Guilherme
Bibliotecário CRB10/1860