[Isis-users] Need some help from CDS/ISIS print formatting language experts

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:56:45 CET 2013

Dear CDS/ISIS Users,

I am now developing some unit tests for testing more deeply the J-ISIS
implementation of the ISIS Print Formatting Language.
I use the WinISIS Reference Manuel (version 1.5) examples to write tests
and check the expected result. However,I think that I
have found  errors in some  examples and would like to have confirmation.

On page 95 we have  examples for displaying specific occurrences and I
think that the examples are wrong.
The formats are applied to record with mfn 137 in CDS database.

WinISIS Manual Examples:

*Format*

*Output*

V70[2], |; |

Wynter, Hector

V70[2..5]|; |

Faure, Edgar; Wynter, Hector

V70[1..]|; |

Jóború, Magda; Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar;

Is the same as v70[3..]|; |

Jóború, Magda; Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar;

V70[3]

Faure, Edgar

AUTHORS: 'v70[2..]|; |

AUTHORS: Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar;

The correct PFT and result in J-ISIS is as follow:

  *Format*

*Output*

V70[2] +|; |

Wynter, Hector

V70[2..5]+|; |

Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar

V70[1..]|; |

Jóború, Magda; Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar;

Is the same as v70[1..3]|; |

Jóború, Magda; Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar;

V70[3]

Faure, Edgar

'AUTHORS: 'v70[2..]|; |

AUTHORS: Wynter, Hector; Faure, Edgar;

I would appreciate if you could confirm that the J-ISIS PFTs and output are
correct.

Best wishes,

Jean-Claude
--