[Isis-users] PROBLEM WITH ABCD CATALOUGUING

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at ua.ac.be
Mon Jul 8 16:08:23 CEST 2013

OK, this confirms that you are indeed using 64-bits version of CISIS, so this does not explain the observed problem, which therefore is a real one.
We will need to gather as much additional information as possible to study this problem as we don't see any logical reason right away.
First step : check if the scrambled value is indeed inside the record by using the 'ALL' format (select from the PFT's list). I suppose yes, if not the problem is with the PFT formatting and not the storage mechanism.

I remember some other references to similar problems have been made, but they disappeared (or the messengers about it disappeared...) after having indicated the need to use the correct version. So if anyone also has had such problems, please alert us and if possible provide other examples of scrambled strings.
Also an indication on whether this happens 'always' (=with each new record), 'often' or 'just once in a while' would be welcome, as well as in which fields the scrampling appears : any or always a field of a certain type, e.g. with subfields, created by an 'extract as' PFT in the FDT etc...
Sorry if this becomes a bit tricky, but so is the problem...!