[Isis-users] compatibility of WINISIS and GENISISWEB on 64 bit machine

Wenke Adam wenkeadam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 06:37:51 CEST 2013

Dear Vinod

Microsoft has abandoned 16 bit compatibility on 64 bit win7 and win8.
BUT:
*You can run winisis perfectly fine on these systems using a virtual
machine!*
Win7 has something called XP mode, and installs a full Win XP on their
virtual machine.

On win8 professional there is an inbuilt virtual machine, where you can
install a XP.

For other versions of win8  you must install a virtual box.

It is not complicated, and I'm using it without problems.

Best luck!

Wenke

2013/7/25 Vinod Kr. Sharma <vksharma at nipgr.ac.in>

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am working on WINISIS(Ver 1.5 build 3) and GENISISWEB(Ver 3.0.2) with a
> 32 bit computer perfectly fine.
> I would like to know if it is compatible with 64 bit computer also and can
> we install this on 64 bit machine.
>
> Further on I checked that on IE 10 version this database was not working.
>
> If any one is working on the above software please help me.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Vinod

Wenke Adam
Asesora Sistemas de Doc & Inf