[Isis-users] ABCD and Ubuntu 12.04

Leo Riesthuis lriesth at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 13 16:48:33 CET 2014

Dear all,

On the Isis-userlist I found a message from 28 aug, 2012:

Hi,

I was struggling for quite a while with ABCD on Ubuntu 12.04 because of text
being garbled during data entry, but especially when editing existing
records. I tried to downgrade form PHP 3 which comes with Ubuntu, to PHP 2,
but it did not solve the problem.

I have now installed Ubuntu server 11.10 and everything works ok. It seems
that it is problem with Ubuntu 12.04, but I do not have the problem of
garbled text when doing emails, spreadsheets or word processing.

Where and to whom should this problem be reported as it only affects ABCD?

I have the now same problem with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bits on a Dell
Poweredge R300 server. The text of a field gets garbled when saved if there
are more than +/- 90 characters.

Strangely the same configuration on a HP paviloen t3260 computer works ok.
Did anybody found the reason for this problem, or beter, find a solution?

Kind regards,

Leo Riesthuis

NVBS