[Isis-users] For ISIS experts, a question about the L and LR numeric functions

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Tue May 27 10:33:21 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I have tried to find information about how WinISIS is processing the
results of the L and LR functions but didn't found what I was looking for.

In case there are several posting I have the following question:

1) WHAT SHOULD BE THE ORDER OF THE MFN's PROVIDED BY THE L and LR FUNCTION ?

J-ISIS sorts the search results (postings) into ascending numerical order
of the MFNs because the search results are in descending order of relevancy.

Thus the L function will use the search result with the lowest MFN, and the
LR function will process the search results in ascending numerical order of
the MFNs.

Is-it correct ?

Thank you in advance for your help on this issue.

Best wishes,

Jean-Claude

--
Jean-Claude Dauphin