[Isis-users] Your ISIS expertise needed

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 16:07:23 CEST 2015

Dear ISIS Users,

I have changed the index term generation method for the indexing techniques
4-8 that use a prefix for generating the index terms.
J-ISIS generates now 2 terms for each term extracted by the FST Print
format when  a prefix is defined: 1) the indexed term prefixed; 2) the
indexed term not prefixed;

For example the ASFAEX database uses prefixes in the FST, and the extracted
string from field 120 "eastern" will be indexed twice, i.e. as TW=EASTERN
and EASTERN, "TW=" beeing the prefix.

This will allow to get suggestions without entering the prefix as well as
to search on non prefixed terms.

YOUR ISIS EXPERTISE IS NEEDED TO KNOW IF THIS CHANGE WOULD HAVE ANY
ANNOYANCE OR SIDE EFFECT  ON J-ISIS DATABASES EXCEPT THAT IT WILL INCREASE
THE INDEX SIZE. I think that it will not affect the execution of the REF,
L, LR functions but I may miss something. And of course re-indexing  will
be needed.

Thank you in advance for any comment.

With my best wishes,

Jean-Claude