[Isis-users] Inverted File Generation

Guilda Ascencio guildaa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:04:18 CEST 2015

Yes. One is done with the wxis, which takes more time but some time some
errors en isisuc.tab and isisac.tab does not occurs, and the other is done
with the mx that, in my experience, is more sensitive to problems in the
formatting of the isisuc.tab and isisac.tab.

Some time those 2 tables have a wrong format in linux servers because of
the way they are copied in the server and it causes error in the mx.

If you are having trouble with the mx and your database does not uses
accented characters you don't need the isisac.tab or isisuc.tab so you can
erase those files from the bases folder so the script that does the
fullinvertion with mx will do the call with the option uctab=ansi and
actab=ansi, using  the built in tables of mx .

The only difference between the built in tables and those provided in ABCD
resides in the way the character ñ or Ñ is interpreted. In the built in
tables, ñ and Ñ is converted to N and with the tables provided by ABCD ñ
and Ñ are converted to Ñ. Another difference is the addition of the Ñ and
the digits  0-9 to the isisac.tab (table of alphabetic characters) user
with the indexing techiniques 4 or 8. You can read more about this topic in
http://abcdwiki.net/wiki/es/index.php?title=Diccionario_de_t%C3%A9rminos.
Is in spanish but one of my goals is to do the translation to the wiki to
english but I'll need resources (financial and/or human) because it is a
huge task

Regards

Guilda