[Isis-users] Linking to other database

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Wed Nov 4 17:56:03 CET 2015

Hi,

the new script for full inverted generation (with mx, not wxis which is the standard one for ABCD Central) will automatically take into account an existing cipar file.
The logics will be as follows :
- if there is a cipar file (*.cip) in the bases/dbn/data folder this will be used; this file can also refer to actab, uctab and stopwords files and then these will be re-directed;
If no cipar file is found :
- if the database is Unicode (which we are finalizing now, only Windows remaining as a challenge but no help from BIREME...) then the special UTF8 table is to be found in the bases/dbn/data folder, if not Unicode then the script will search for the normal isisac.tab and isisuc.tab in the data-folder of the database
- if these files are not found in the data-folder of the database, the script will search for such tables in the general 'bases' -folder, so these tables define the sets for all databases without a specific own table;
- if none of these are found, the internal CISIS actab and uctab (/ansi) will be used in inverting.

If there are any comments or problems with this, please let me know.
We plan to include this script (but if necessary I can also avail it on request) in ABCD2.0 once the last problems of Unicode are sorted out - hopefully soon (but I keep saying that for the last 2 years...).