[Isis-users] ABCD and automatic field update

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at ucll.be
Sat Apr 2 16:52:12 CEST 2016

Dear friends,

Who knows a way to automatically add content to a field in ABCD while saving a record. I know it is possible to add the name and the operator plus the data, to add increment the control number and a few other things, but I would need in e.g. a local field the processed content of some other fields, e.g.

-> these fields are keyed in:

v100^aSmith, John

v245^aBeautiful Africa

-> this field would be automatically added:

v991^aBEATIFULAFRICASMITHJOHN

Piet de Keyser
(Belgium, although: who still dares to say he lives in Belgium?....)