[Isis-users] Creating database from csv file - unique names

spinaker spinaker at adinet.com.uy
Thu Jul 7 20:29:21 CEST 2016

Dear Renate

There is simple and effective way to get a clean list of terms without
duplicates using Cisis utitlies from the command line

*mxtb *is a tabulator, i.e. it can extract all different instances of a
data (see the manual)

I'll do an example using a marc database, to get an author list
authors are recorded in v100^a and v700^a (repeatable)
so the line would be
*
mxtb marc create=author  "100:v100^a/(v700^a/)" class=2000 tell=100*
it will get out something like

*mxtb: 5100 recs in
       1230 tabs
       860 recs out*

just in case you have an error return, like the following line,
*fatal: mxtb/maxhash overflow*
the problem is that you have more than 2000 intances, then you increase
the numer to class=3000 or 10000 or ...etc

The author database has three fields like the example, one record for
each different key
*mx author
mfn=     1
   1  «Leite, José Alfredo A. (José Alfredo Américo).»
998  «999999998»
999  «1»*

then you export the unique names
*mx author "proc='d998d999'" iso=author.iso now -all tell=100*

mxtb is case sensitive

Enjoy it
Regards
Ernesto Spinak