[Isis-users] Export CDSISIS database to excell

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Nov 10 17:31:51 CET 2016

Use the ISIS Formatting language to export your data to a 'Comma Separate Values'  format which you can import into MS software such as Excel or Access.

The format should produce all fields of your database, preferably double-quoted, with the 'comma' as an inconditional literal. Inconditional, because even if the field is not there or empty, it should be getting a comma so as to preserve the number of fields for every record to be the same.
So, assuming you have v1, v2, and v10 :
etc. for more/other fields.
Depending on the ISIS-version you use (not specified) you then run a 'report' to output all data over a range of MFN's or you use a command-line solution with e.g. the CISIS mx-tool :
mx mydb pft=@myCSVpft.pft now -all >myCSVfile.csv