[Isis-users] Scrambled web pages for some ABCD utilities on Ubuntu 16

Freek Heite f.heite at hccnet.nl
Wed Oct 12 23:13:15 CEST 2016

Our current ABCD server (ABCD 1.4, Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.3.10) is running without any problems, but Ubuntu 12 is nearing the end of its support.

On a test server, I've installed the latest Ubuntu, 16.04.1 LTS (which also brings Apache 2.4.18 and PHP 7.0.8).
Then, I've put ABCD onto this test machine, by copying all ABCD stuff in /var/opt/ABCD and in /opt/ABCD) over from the production machine.
Finally, I added the ABCD settings to the Apache config.

On the new server, most of the ABCD web pages are working just fine, but a few are not:
- the lower part of the web pages for "Import TXT file" and "Export TXT file" is just blank, the "new conversion table" part doesn't appear
- on the web pages for "global changes", "Export ISO file" and "Import ISO file", fragments of what looks to me like PHP source code are scrambling
(overlaying) the graphical contents of the web pages. It's most visible on the page "Import ISO file", making the page unusable, please see the attachment.

Upgrading the ABCD software in the "central" directory to ABCD 1.5.1 doesn't help.
My web browser is Firefox on this same test server, switching to Chromium doesn't help either.

Any thoughts about what might be wrong?

Regards,
Freek Heite.