[Isis-users] Scrambled web pages for some ABCD utilities on Ubuntu 16

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Oct 20 06:02:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

your observations on 'short_open_tag' are quite correct. However in other modules of ABCD (iAH, Site, Secs-Web) still also quite some scripts would need to be changed as they originate from before the depreciation of "<?".
In the Windows version, which comes with its own PHP-configuration (which we cannot do as easily for Linux) the short_open_tag is put to 'on' by default, so the problem won't be there.

If someone is volunteering to do this small change for the hundreds of scripts ABCD uses, we would be welcoming her/him very much.
For the time being the simple solution is to switch 'on' short_open_tag in php.ini.