[Isis-users] J-ISIS New Release 7 April 2017
jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:15:08 CEST 2017
Dear CDS/ISIS Users,
I have just released the new version of J-ISIS that you can download from
List of main enhancements and bug fixes
- J-ISIS updating for using latest third party Free and Open Source
- Significantly enhancing of Import performance
- J-ISIS updating for using Lucene 6.5, release 4.0 was used until now.
Index format has changed; thus, you will need to delete the old database
index files and to re-index.
- Indexing is now multi-threaded, i.e. several tasks work in parallel
for indexing bunch of database records. Indexing performance is far more
- Fix: Highlighting terms with a single character was causing an
- DOC Data Entry field are now displayed with 8 lines per default or the
number of lines defined in the worksheet.
- A new tab window called “Validation” has been added to check that the
HTML produced by a PFT is valid (“PFT Manager”)
- Fix: Search terms at the beginning of a subfield right after the
subfield delimiter were not highlighted.
- Fix: Search Window paging algorithm when the search results are more
than 100. Was working fine for the first search with more than 100, but
paging for the next search was not synchronized
- New parameters can be set in the “server.conf” file:
Server configuration file
- Added to jisis_suite.conf file:
** -J-Dhttp.agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0" to the command line switches to avoid Library
of Congress "Server authentication failed" error when accessing xls files.
- Changed Memory constants:
** -J-Xms1024m -J-Xmx2048m ( you may need to decrease these values)
As usual, I would be very grateful if you could take the time to try
J-ISIS. All your comments, suggestions, improvement requests and bug
descriptions are welcome.
If you are interested to make experiments with a really huge database, near
32 million records. You can download the J-ISIS database from this link:
It includes the whole J-ISIS database including the index. It takes near 10
s to open the database
because J-ISIS count the number of indexed terms which is huge. But after
you can browse and search the database quite fast. Your comments are
jc.dauphin at gmail.com
jc.dauphin at afus.unesco.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the isis-users