[Isis-users] Global Change

fred train fred_train at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 5 19:35:12 CET 2017

Hello Piet
I do have about 1200 location codes.

After some more puzzling I found a solution that might work.
Step 1: extend all location code codes with a unique delimiter (e.g. a
minus sign). This is 1200 global changes on the original keywords field.
Step 2: Select all records with the delimiter, and Split the field
"before" the delimiter and "Move" to the target field. This is one
global change and moves all location codes, without the delimiter, to
the target field. The original entries in the old field are gone.
Step 3:1200 global changes to transform the abbreviations into readable
strings in the location field.

Labor intensive, but perhaps possible to automate with a script.
Hints are welcome of course

Thanks & Regards
Fred