[Isis-users] Thesaurus in ABCD

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at ucll.be
Wed Jan 4 10:55:27 CET 2017

Dear colleagues,

I was testing the thesaurus module for ABCD and writing an English manual about it (which I hope to publish on this list in a few days). It is a very good facility. In my view it has only one major drawback, i.e. you can choose the non-preferred term (to be searched or to be entered in your worksheet). It would be an improvement if in the case of choosing the non-preferred term  it is automatically replaced by the corresponding preferred term.

An example (from the Eric thesaurus) to make this clearer:

Child Health Care
               USE Child Health

Suppose you click on “Child Health Care” in e.g. the alphabetical list, the system should use “Child Health” for searching or data entering instead.

Any idea how to realize this?

Piet de Keyser