[Isis-users] J-ISIS Release Candidate 1.2

Hussain KH hussain.rachana at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 07:35:05 CEST 2017

Dear Jean-Claude and ISIS Friends

I've just unzipped jisis_suite.11.June.2017 for windows and just opened. I
haven't yet started working.

My immediate project is to prepare a print ready copy of bibliography of
Malayalam books published during 2001-2005. It comes around more than 6,000
in 62 subject.
I've been searching for a most suitable package for the purpose. Since I'm
an expert in cds/isis since 1986 and prepared many printed bibliographies
(Bamboo Bibliography in 1990 was an acclaimed one) I know the capability of
isis to do the job. Alas! it is only in English.

Past three days I was madly searching for a package, reading and going
through many  like EndNote, Zotero, Mendely, DB/TextWorks, Jabref, DBs for
Latex, etc. etc. not finding the excellent sorting and formatting
facilities provided by isis.
Very disappointedly I googled "cds isis unicode 2017" and to my great
excitement and luck I came to the latest J-ISIS, thanks to the untiring
pursuit of Jean-Claude.

Now I'm starting my work, the 9th volume of 'Grandhasoochi', a unique
bibliography in all indian languages with J-ISIS. Though I haven't explored
I'm confident that I can accomplish it.

I haven't used isis for the last three years after my retirement. Now I'm
recollecting all that I did in 25 years with the great isis.  I'll
communicate all my new findings in using Unicode Malayalam. Since I'm a
member in developing Unicode language technology in Malayalam and designed
Unicode fonts based on traditional script (Rachana, Meera, Keraleeya,
Uroob, Tamil Meera- Meera Inimai) I hope I can expose many things related
to Indic scripts.

May your efforts find outstanding results in unknown countries and
languages.

Loving and Thanking

*സസ്നേഹം*
*If you optimize everything,*