[Isis-users] Arquivo digitais fora do servidor - Digital filesoutside the web server

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Wed May 24 13:40:23 CEST 2017

Edwin,

the link to your document should have a syntax like the following one, taken from the demo-database 'dubcore' :
This displays the link in a table with the name of the field (URL) in the first column and in the second column the actual link is displayed.
So the href is :
<A HREF="/docs/dubcore/collection/',v98'" target=new>'v98+|<br>|,'</A>

Now, the interesting part here is mostly the use of an alias 'docs' which I defined in my Apache configuration :
    Alias /docs/ "/var/opt/ABCD/bases/"
    <Directory "/var/opt/ABCD/bases/">
        AllowOverride None
        Require all granted
    </Directory>

So if you understand how Apache now substitutes 'docs' in a URL for a real path (/var/opt/ABCD/bases in this case) you can make the alias point to any folder you want. That then serves as the 'root'. After that root the PFT puts the name of the database (you could also use 'v3000' instead of hard-coding the name 'dubcore') and in the case of dubcore we wanted all PDF's to be in a subfolder 'collection'. Then within that subfolder comes the name of the file, which is put into the field of the record (in this case : v98).
Then as general HTML-syntax you close the bracket '>' , then put the visible part of the link which will display in blue as a hyperlink (in this case again : v98) and then you close the anchor (</A>).
Analyze what the software has put into the field, because part of the path to the file might already be there, so you don't have to repeat it in the PFT.
But the real trick here is in the use of the alias for Apache. The advantage is that then you can have that 'root' directory anywhere on your system, also outside the ABCD directories. This might be handy for management (e.g. backups) of your digital library files.

Note : the use of an alias is not necessary but then if not used as is the case for the 'normal' links e.g. used in the demo-database 'biblio' (CEPAL), you have to put the documents inside the Apache DocumentRoot, which is why by default it is in 'htdocs/bases'.

I hope this helps.