[Isis-users] Updated Document on J-ISIS and Z39.50

Jean-Claude Dauphin jc.dauphin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:36:04 CEST 2017

Dear CDS/ISIS Users,

I just wish to inform you that I have updated the document Z3950 J-ISIS.pdf
<https://github.com/J-ISIS/J-ISIS/blob/master/Z3950%20J-ISIS.pdf>.

This document is based on J-ISIS 22 September 2017 and demonstrates J-ISIS
Z3950 client capabilities for retrieving MARC format bibliographic records
from Z39.50 servers and importing them to J-ISIS. An example demonstrates
how to get records from the American Library of Congress Z39.50 server
using MARC21 format and a 2nd example shows how to get records from the
French BNF ("Bibliothèque Nationale de France") using UNIMARC format.

https://github.com/J-ISIS/J-ISIS/blob/master/Z3950%20J-ISIS.pdf

​All your comments, suggestions, improvement requests and bug descriptions
are welcome.

​Best wishes,

Jean-Claude

--