[Isis-users] Update field

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at ucll.be
Wed Mar 14 21:51:23 CET 2018

Hi Jacinto,

Suppose you want to remove the last 3 characters of field v10. Write a proc for MX containing the following (e.g. named replace.prc):

'd10',

if p(v10) then '<10>', left(v10,size(v10)-3),'</10>' fi,

then run this proc using mx:

mx mydatabase proc=@replace.prc create=mydatab2 now -all

When all is OK, rename mydatab2 into mydatabase, reindex etc. (It might be a bit more complicated when subfields are present).

Piet de Keyser

UC Leuven-Limburg

Belgium