[Isis-users] Script dataentry/carga_iso.php ABCD 2.0f

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Tue Mar 27 10:04:02 CEST 2018

Hi,

first of all I doubt whether the changes you made will work correctly all over :
- the $server_url is actually one of the most important variables telling the script 'wxis_llamar.php' (which is used for every call to a database, e.g. searching, displaying, editing records) uses it;
- the $postMethod variable defines whether the same script wxis_llamar.php uses either the post-method for connecting to the server or the get-method. As is known, post-method allows bigger (longer) chunks of data to be passed on in the URL, so with very large search sets e.g. it will make a difference. However in most 'classic' library automation requests the get-method is o.k. and probably that is what you are using now without noticing.

Which 'warnings' were removed by doing this ? That is interesting...
Generally speaking you would be much better off changing your php.ini settings for the 'error_reporting' to set it to what PHP itself suggests for non-development situations. Then you won't be bothered by warnings and notices which are actually not relevant for the user.

While you are there (in php.ini), could you do a small test for the second problem you mention : switch to 'ON' the variable 'short_open_tag' and let me know whether still the code-text is appearing in your screen. I assume that is what is happening, they are not 'warnings' or 'notices' but parts of the script appearing on the screen. Then also tell me which script exactly you are using (there are different ISO import scripts). The old ABCD scripts were not ready for the recommended setting 'short_open_tag=On', so we tried to remove all instances of the code '<?' without the subsequent 'php' as is required now : '<?php ' but there were thousands of such instances in hundreds of scripts, they are difficult to search for.  That is a typical situation where script text appeared - unwantedly - into the screens.
I need your help because nowhere in my set of scripts can I find e.g. the string "; //die; include("../common/header.php"); ?>, so again I have to wonder where you got that from.