[Isis-users] small catalogue

Piet De Keyser piet.dekeyser at ucll.be
Tue Sep 25 23:46:21 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I send you the lay-out of a catalogue I have made for an organisation in Antwerp. This organisation uses mainly volonteers to enter data, which means things have to be as simple as possible. The catalogue was published on the web using a Linux server (where ABCD was installed with the help of Egbert de Smet). The catalogue is "MARC based", but does not use things like indicators, leaders etc. Data can be retrieved from e.g. Library of Congress through a Z39.50 filter and if the organisation ever wants to convert its data to full MARC (e.g. to enter them in a union catalogue), all extra MARC stuff can be added using a conversion script (up to a certain level).

I hope this example can be of use to someone on this list.

Piet de Keyser

UC Leuven-Limburg

Belgium