[Isis-users] ABCD 2.1b for Linux

Egbert De Smet egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Thu Aug 29 13:51:08 CEST 2019

Hello,

like most (if not all...) Linux packages we doubt there is still sufficient demand for 32-bits versions. Only in highly game-oriented environments (many games are using old 32-bits libraries) this is the case. In fact it is not even sure whether the latest versions of PHP (7.x), Tika-library (used for full-text) etc. will still work in 32-bits.

If you are still using 32-bits in Linux, your machine must be quite old or there must be another good reason to maintain this. In most cases it would be a better option to upgrade to a 64-bits version of Linux.

I can prepare a 32-bits package (with a lot of work like re-compiling the CISIS executables, latest version with UTF8, to 32-bits) but only if there is good reason to do so and you know the consequences.