[Isis-users] Hwo to change expiration time for ABCD sessions?

Egbert De Smet egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Tue Jul 30 18:23:23 CEST 2019

Hello,

ABCD Central uses the session-variables of PHP (in php.ini) for its sessions management. If you have access to this file php.ini on the server, you could check for the value of session.gc_maxlifetime (e.g. = 1440 is a common value meaning 24 minutes).

If not, perhaps putting this in your config.php (in htdocs/central) :

      ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 1440);

could also do the trick, but unfortunately there are more tricks (like garbage collection based on a cron (scheduled) script...) depending on the server configuration, so it is not always unequivocal.