[Isis-users] variables in a fst

Eustache Mêgnigbêto eustache.megnigbeto at outlook.com
Thu Jun 13 15:23:42 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I was using a format exit in the fst of a database. Now, I convert the database to ABCD. As format exit are not recognized in ABCD, I tried to write commands in a ABCD fs to get the same result.
Normally, formatting commands work both for displaying (pft) and extracting (fst). Especially, cisis formatting commands introduced in WinIsis work in both type (pft and fst). However, I recently noticed that ABCD does not accept all ciisis formatting commands in a fst.
For example, I introduced this in a fst and got an error while in a pft there is no error.

e1:=instr(v1, ','), s1:=(left(v1,e1-1)), s1

Below is the ABCD error message :

WXIS|execution error|format syntax|e1:=instr(v1, ','), s1:=(left(v1,e1-1)), s1|%|/) ,mpl '$$$$'|

Is there anything I did wrong in the format or these command should not be uses in a fst ?
Regards,

Eustache  Mêgnigbêto
Tél. (+229)  95910242 – (+229) 21147935
09 BP 477 Saint  Michel, Cotonou (République du Bénin)
Google  Scholar :  https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=xQk_UhwAAAAJ&hl=fr
Web personnel :  http://eustachem.ilemi.net
Review  activities :  https://publons.com/researcher/503109/eustache-megnigbeto/peer-review/