[Isis-users] Problemas com z3950 - Problems with z3950

De Smet Egbert egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Mon Mar 18 23:38:00 CET 2019

Hi,

Z39.50 depends on the yaz.dll and php-yaz.dll to be installed. They are different for each version of Windows, 32-bits, 64-bits, Win7-8-8.1-10 etc... There is yaz4, yaz5 etc..

Another problematic issue is the installation of the php-yaz.dll . Best chances you got is to download from the Danish 'support' website : https://www.indexdata.com/resources/software/phpyaz/ . This dll depends also on your PHP-version : 32-bits/64-bits, thread-safe or non-thread-safe... And if I am not mistaken there are also 2 different maintainers of Apache on Windows... each requiring different solutions.

That is why we no longer distribute ABCD for Windows with a working Z39.50, except for ABCD2.0 for Windows (updated) I added the yaz-folder for Windows10 32- and 64-bits, hoping that would be the most widely used nowadays. But this is based on Microsoft Visual C 14 (VC14). There are also other VC-versions around... You got the picture ?

Otherwise you might try to compile yaz yourself, see the full instructions in the ABC of ABCD manual. It is a tedious procedure but the advantage is that all 'variables' mentioned above are automatically taken into account when you compile on the server itself.

The easiest solution would be to get sample files (yaz5.dll and php-yaz.dll,  but mind you : older Windows could need yaz4.dll instead of yaz5.dll !) from someone using ABCD with working Z39.50 in exactly your version of Windows7 with your version of PHP.

Now, to end with some good news : I remember having succeeded in installing Z39.50 with working conditions in every version of ABCD so far.