[Isis-users] Will Winisis run on 32bit win10? Será que Winisis corre en Win10 de 32 bit?

Egbert De Smet egbert.desmet at uantwerpen.be
Sun Oct 20 09:45:03 CEST 2019

Wenke,

could you perhaps elaborate the statement that e.g. J-ISIS, which is conceived as a replacement for WinISIS by, in exactly the same 'general database management' philosophy, copying most if not all of the WinISIS-features in a more modern (64-bits) environment, is lacking against WinISIS ?

I myself was also a fervent and happy (and not-too-lousy, I hope I can say) user of WinISIS, but I recognize that with J-ISIS the ISIS-family made another step forward, not backward.

I am sure that J-C Dauphin, the main developer of J-ISIS has invited all of us for many years to send in requests on features missing in J-ISIS and is willing to continue adding them.

This besides the fact that he has already added many features which were not there in WinISIS, e.g. a PFT-parser (grammar checker), WWW/HTML compatibility, full-text indexing, Lucene-based relevance ranking etc....

Please consider this a positive message, not trying to incite any dispute.