[Isis-users] Forbidden - You don't have permission to access this resource - ABCD installation in Ubuntu 19.04

Steven Tupa tupasteven at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 23:42:32 CEST 2019

Greetings,

I recently started using Ubuntu OS version 19.04, am a newbie to linux. I
have used ABCD in a windows OS now want to experience it in Ubuntu. After
following the procedure for installation (the attached text file shows the
procedure I followed), when I browse the URL it's saying 'Forbidden - You
don't have permission to access this resource'. The attached file includes
the possible commands I used to grant access but to no avail. Help me with
which folder or files should be granted access.

Regards.
-------------- next part --------------
Installation of ABCD 2.0f on Ubuntu 19.04 using the terminal

Step 1:Downloading the installer deb file

Step 2:Change the permission for the downloaded deb file
	sudo chmod 777 /home/steven/Desktop/ABCD/ABCD_Linux_amd64.deb

Step 3:Installing the downloaded deb file using dpkg method
	sudo dpkg -i /home/steven/Desktop/ABCD/ABCD_Linux_amd64.deb

Step 4:Creating a virtual host configuration file
	sudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-available/abcd.conf

	paste the following into the created file
	<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin webmaster at lismediacenter.com
	DocumentRoot "/opt/ABCD/www/htdocs"
	<Directory "/opt/ABCD/www/htdocs">
	</Directory>
	ServerName lismediacenter.com
	DirectoryIndex index.htm index.php homepage.htm
	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/opt/ABCD/www/cgi-bin/"
	<Directory "/opt/ABCD/www/cgi-bin/">
	AllowOverride None
	Options None
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
	</Directory>
	</VirtualHost>

Save and exit

Step 5:Enable the newly created virtual host configuration file
	sudo a2ensite abcd.conf

Step 6:Restart apache for the enabling to take effect
	sudo systemctl restart apache2

Step 7: Edit the hosts file by adding the servername for the newly created virtual host configuration file
	sudo gedit /etc/hosts

	127.0.1.1	lismediacenter.com

Step 8: Permission to access ABCD files
	sudo chown -R $USER:$USER /opt/ABCD/www/htdocs
	sudo chown -R $USER:$USER /opt/ABCD/www/bases
	sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /opt/ABCD/www